You will learn A LOT from Scout Stevenson's presentation as he provider a lot valuable information about whole cycle of as he is experienced UX process from start to end. Must watch video for people who want learn a lot from very experienced man.
This is description from Youtube:
"User Experience is more than creating a slick web page. It's about understanding your users and aligning their behaviors, goals and motivations with your business strategy. This presentation will outline best practices surrounding the process and deliverables that are vital components for creating a positive user experiences.
Scout Stevenson is the creative director at ExtensionEngine where he and his team take a strategic approach in developing creative marketing solutions that engage users visually while driving business results. Prior, he was Co-founder and Creative Director of Jetpak Media which was recently acquired by ExtensionEngine. Throughout his 17 year career, he has built and led creative teams at numerous top Boston agencies. Scout is an adjunct professor at Boston University's College of Fine Arts where he lectures on web and experience design. He has won numerous industry awards for both B2C and B2B creative campaigns and is a MITX judge. "
User experience is the quality of experience a person has when interacting with a specific product A positive user experience results when the goals of the user and the organization that created the product are met.
Business goals + user goals + user interface + technology = user experience
the 5 plans of ux
from abstract to concrete
1.Strategy - 2.scope - 3.structure - 4.skeleton - 5.surface
Tasks for each level
1. Strategy (user needs , site objective)
2. Scope (functional specs, content requirements
3. interaction design and information architecture
4. information design , interface design , navigation design,
5. visual design
1. - What is a the big goal ?
- What user want?
- What business wannt ?
- Migration of strategy to requirements
- Developing task and user stories - what
- Knowing the user and pribidng the righ task.
- where we start to develop the taxonomy
- how do all the pieces pf tje sote start to fit together and behave?
- how does the user find what they're looking for in an intutive way?
- what is the flow of actions and interactions thorought the site?
- this is where we solidify the structure - what elements are on what page?
- where does the button go?
- how much copy is there?
- what types of call to actions are there ?
- wire frames are the ' blueprints ' for a site and are void of design
- visual interface layer ,that ties all the other components together
- content and tone
- color and typeface
- brand and personality
- imagery .. buttons
(all graphical goodness come
UX Process vary as it depends on:
- product type
Extensionengine ux process
I) research , II) strategy , III) implement IV)deploy V)measure,optimize
I) RESEARCH - analyse customer and user behaviours and goals
brand and product immersion , set vision , usability analysis , user profiles , content audit , competitive analysis
II) STRATEGY - translating strategic vision into requirements
ux strategy , ideation working sessions , requirements gathering , persona development , user flows stories and tasks
III) IMPLEMENT - prototype , iterate build and design
development , story boarding , information architecture , prototypes/ concepts , visual design
IV) DEPLOY - test , review and launch
beta testing , review objectives , usability testing ,user interviews
V) MEASURE, OPTIMIZE - measure , iterate and re-deploy
review metrics , iterate design , re-deploy iterate code