6 August 2013

To LinkedIn Users, who would like to connact with me

 I wrote this note for few reasons:
  1. About  my approach to LinkedIn
  2. Why I will/did NOT add you
  3. How to contact with me in professional manner as it seems to be epic problem for 99% people(specially recruiters who ignore this post anyway).
  4. What I think LinkedIn should add
  5. Polite note to  recruiters to not contact with me.
  6. FAQ

About my approach to LinkedIn
I created account on LinkedIn as i need account that I can use for professional purposes only.
I want to add all valuable contacts for my carrier or hobby needs.
Unfortunately over time I found LinkedIn is really disappointing .
I am happy,if somebody find me on LinkedIn and want connect me due various interesting reasons ,like discuss about blog entries, my android application or any talk about experience related to my professional and semi-professional work .
However .... and I receive quadrillion invitations from some bizarre people , who sent a default message and expecting me to accept it.


Why I did/will NOT add you?

  • You are Recruiter/Spammer or other evil-like person/company
  • You sent me a message: "Hi dominik, I'd like to connect with you on LinkedIn."(See next paragraph,who to write meaningful message
  • You are not professional related mate/friend/enemy.
  • Your profile is incomplete (no picture) or data in your profile is hidden from me.
  • If your LinkedIn invite says your know me but  I don't know you (for example , you lied that you were a former classmate  or we have done business together, then if you start from lie ,then you are not worth anything.



How to contact with me  in professional manner as it seems to be epic problem for 99% people(specially recruiters who ignore this post anyway)?

So, if You are one of these people.

I am the delight, that in ocean of LinkedIn Users, You, a valuable person  for whatever reason decided to contact with me.
Thank YOU!

As long as you are NOT recruiter*(see bottom of this post for details),then ... Feel free to contact with me by e-mail,. via Google+ or LinkedIn .I am very happy with that.

However...
I am sincerely apologize,but I am normal human and do not have mind reader ,PRISM or other tool to figure out who you are and what you want,so it will be really marvelous ,if you instead of sending

"Hi dominik,
I'd like to connect with you on LinkedIn."

send something like:
Hi Dominik!(Doominik, Pastor Cmentarny, CheesecakeFanatic , whatever)

I am Amazing Person  from Explosive Diarrhea Company and I want add you as I want add you as I would like talk with you about comment to your Android app called Doms Diagnostic Tools as I found problem, that I can't solve it ,but myself.

Thanks!
Bye!

I know who you are want you want and  I am happy to add you as  I always trying contact people with friendly manner. I know in world of conversation where everybody must follow by soulless templates of sentences is weird ,but I like inter-personal communication in natural (inter-human) way. Otherwise I can write software ( a bot) to talk with machine as I don't need fake people for that.

So pattern is:

Hello!

Who you are?
Why you want contact with me?

Say bye or whatever.

As if I get
"Hi dominik,
I'd like to connect with you on LinkedIn."
I response with:

Dear unknown person/spambot/hacker!
I am the delight, that in ocean of LinkedIn Users, You, a valuable person for whatever reason decided to contact with me.
Thank YOU!
However...
I am sincerely apologize,but I am normal human and do not have mind reader ,PRISM or other tool to figure out who you are and what you want,so it will be really marvellous ,if you instead of sending
"Hi dominik,
I'd like to connect with you on LinkedIn" 
which is meaningless for me.
It will be epic,if you would like to send message with few informations like:
* Why I have privilege to add you ?
* What is your inquiry or why you are very keen/desperate ( or other template word you are using ) to speak/write to me?
and give more details, then I will be very happy to add you.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
I just do not add unknown/crap people by default as I keep LinkedIn account for professional purposes only.

Have a marvellous day!
 Dominik Symonowicz"
and waiting few hours and then report spam,if not response.  I just don't want waste my time to dealing with recruiter and other crap and I hope LinkedIn add functionality to make recruiter account type so I as user can  block contact from spammers .. sorry .. recruiters.

What I think LinkedIn should add
Dear LinkedIn ... please add   recruiter account type  and allow innocent users to  block contact from lazy recruiters spammers to make LinkedIn enjoyable.

Polite note to recruiters (do NOT contact with me)

* Polite note *
Dear Recruiter and other spammers.
Please do NOT contact with me.
Save yours and my precious time.

Thank you!
Dominik