3 March 2013

How to make simple game in Android part 10 - Summary,tips ,tricks , suggestions and others.

WARNING!
Few honest informations.  
I have a few years experience in software developer BUT  I am NOT a game developer! I am NOT an expert. 
This guide was written by person who want write game as part of hobby and make dreams come to true (As i want to write simple RPG game in future).   
 I put best efforts to write  accuracy informations, but I cannot guarantee the perfect accuracy of all content in this  articles  on this blog.
I do not take any responsibility or liability for any error, omission , inaccuracy
or destructions!


How to make simple application and/or game in Android

BASED ON GAME EXAMPLE: 
DOMS COUNTRIES, CAPITOLS, FLAGS AND CONTINENTS QUIZ GAME

 TO DOWNLOAD GAME

Part 10 
SUMMARY


Let's start from challenge.
It was a good fun and interesting experiment.
I am glad that I have done it, because:
·        I prove that you can do a quick game in short time.
·        I managed to make game that is playable.
·        I learn new things (that my current algorithm for levels was rubbish and I replaced with better one).
·        Give me an inspiration to write this tutorial.


Summary:
  1.  Always enjoy what you doing ... 
  2. Never update your IDE or Android SDK during implementing or testing stage. Finish , what you doing,test it.When it works, commit your changes and then update IDE, plug-ins and Android SDK stuff
  3. If you stuck with something, go for break ,drink 
  4.  "Premature optimization is the root of all evil" (Donald Knuth) .Do not optimize something ,if it not gives a significant improvements.
  5. Kiss principle 
  6. Choose licence for you application can be difficult .My favourite ones are wtfpl (http://www.wtfpl.net/) and  beerware. One of the best tool for licence is  creativecommons  (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/ )



Once again.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial about Android application and game development.
If it has any use for you, then great :).
I hope, You found some useful little bits that help you in your fun with android development.

Good luck with your development.



No comments:

Post a Comment