I do not take any responsibility or liability for any error, omission , inaccuracy or destructions!
BASED ON GAME EXAMPLE:
It is straightforward process, so it pointless to describe step by step.
HOWEVER. It is good to know what you need to prepare
- 25 dollars*
- Web browsers: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (other are poorly supported and can cause some weird problems).
- 2 Screen shots of your app(You can made directly from
- Icon (High resolution), 512×512 , PNG, 32-bit
- Promo Graphic 180×120 JPG or PNG, 24-bit, no alpha
- Contact Details (I suggest to create a gmail account for android development only)
- (Optional) Promo video
Just follow Google instructions STEP by STEP, CAREFULLY.
Here you can find a Few tips that makes process 'surprise free' and to give more chance that you game can be be searchable by people.
Remember. You must use words that will keywords, that user will use in search to find your application
Most important thing to remember that you must use words that will be as keywords, that user will use in search to find your application!
It must be up to 30 character long. Name Munixihano doesn't sounds likely to be search for but 'Munixihano racing game' sounds like racing game, so when user search for racing game, then is like to be found. Do not use trademark ™ and Registered trademark symbol ® as your app will be removed from Google Play due copyright infringement or similar law's crap reasons
You have 2 aims for descriptions:
- Convince user to install your game.
- Populate with useful keywords to google search engine, so
There is no ultimate solution . Each subject and different type of application and game attract different type of audience. Looks how competition describe their products. .Look to ITunes, Microsoft, Blueberry stores for inspiration. They are many more factors and keywords that affect result, which I am not aware of.
- Be honest with your application and try to not looks like rip off of other application.
- Use spell check
- Description should be around 2000 characters.
It is very important as it is kind of First impression that will catch or not. So write something which will cause curiosity and no. Writing... this game is the best will NOT attract people.
ICON, PROMO GRAPHIC:
I am rubbish in graphics, so I have no advice for you in that matter, sorry:(
It is good to have a special email for development purposes.
- This email will be visible to outside world, so you must expect that you will be targeted by spam that will be android specific. So you will be receive some email with 'outstanding offer' that will improve your search rank, for little money you will receive a 5 stars and reviews (written by yourself;)) or join to other weird places.
- It will help you keep focus on inquiry from users.
- Answer quickly and honestly.
If you application looks good, then add YouTube video with tutorial.
If you application looks creep, then... don't do it, except if your game looks bad by purpose.
If you don't have a website. No worry. Email is enough.
So simple application or games .You don't need a website.
You better spend to some time on creating account for your application on various social media websites (Facebooks, Google+, Twitter or whatever will be valuable for your audience).
I don't see any reason for website as long as you not planning to do more complicated multi player ,that require to do some specific tasks.
I don't talk about high scores and achievements as you can do this using 3rd party website like http://swarmconnect.com/ I talk about functionality that require interaction between users,then you need website that host that.
I didn't use yet, so I have no idea.Google has info about it here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/2519872
This is just few tips.There a plenty more,so I suggest search more about it .
In next part, I will write more about how to increase change to make game successful
Go to Part 9: How to be rich from application.