I do not take any responsibility or liability for any error, omission , inaccuracy or destructions!
BASED ON GAME EXAMPLE:
Let's start from most important:
This advices will be useless overtime as things changing constantly.
- You need be lucky.
- Follow advices given in part 8 about Title of the game and Description and Promo text.
- Singular and Plural may matters. For normal search engine Singular and Plural do not matter, but when I start my app using Singular or Plural forms and I search using Singular or Plural forms. .I got different result. I don't know why, so I think decision about use Singular, Plural or both depends on how users search for type of your game.
- Upper and lower characters may matters. Again, they shouldn't, but Are you using a capital letter, when you search for something? No? This is reason why is a good idea to have a description in lower case. It is weird as normal search engine should not see difference between Word and word, but it somehow affect result rank.
- Translate your application into some other languages. Find top 10 languages for your application game type. (+ English and your native language) and smartly translate. .How to do it? Use simple sentence as they are easier to translate correctly by translator. Translate to foreign language and translate back to see, is result are correct or not (you will be surprised).
- Do NOT use adults terms in title, description and promo text.
- Price. If you want earn money on Android application, then forget about paid version and use ads based systems like appbrain, inMobi, ad mob and more. However,to be successful, you must do a research about which ad networks is great in revenue, payout and reliability and how is suitable for your application and audience. They are many ads networks available for Android. (Look for list for example here: http://appflood.com/blog/list-of-mobile-ad-networks-february-2013).
- Be careful about what type of ads your implement in your application and how intrusive they are. You can be flooded with 1 stars for annoying type .In my opinion, you should avoid push ads,
- There is one exception from above rule. If you planning sell your on Amazon Market,then make this application paid there and exclude Amazon kindle from supported devices on goggle play .Why? People who used AppStore and Kindle Fire Alps Store are learnt to pay for content .(It not applies for Goggle case as Goggle earn money on ads,so they didn't bother to learnt user to pay for apps. Another reason is that people who buy Android's based devices are not people who love spent money left and right, so they stick to free version and give 1 stars for annoying ads).
- Use your friends to write a good comment about your application. It will motivate people to download app and improve your position in ranks.
- Use tools like: http://www.appbrain.com/apptimizer for optimise your app search result and https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__c=1000000000&__u=1000000000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS
- There are few good e-books about how to earning money on Google Play.(Good for beginners, quite useless for people who has experience with monetization using ads).
- You need be lucky (Yes I wrote this as bullet point
above, but that's most important.)
Again, this blog entry contains only few tips and they many many more.
Keep in mind that these tips will be outdated very quickly as things changing constantly, so make sure that you always do more research about it. If you want have a nice constant earning then you need check often for new and good techniques for revenue. (by good, I mean these one that are acceptable by user for example push ads cause 1 stars full of hate review).
Go to last part ,where I will summrize everything.
Go to part 10: Summary