It based on my personal experience only and resources that I read on internet.
It will contains many grammar mistakes.
Please drink double espresso and energy drink as article is long and boring.
- Due lack of alternatives . LinkedIn is a only option for social network for professional (although Google+ can be offer better user experience,but it is not designed for professional social network.).
- It is good source to gain intelligence about company and people ,who will interviewing you.
- It is good extension to your CV.
- It is a useful replacement for your personal website and blog.
- It has many phirshing issues. For example: If you install on Android application, it will stole your contact and spam you with add these people to LinkedIn and etc.
- It is famous for most evil UX design in industry, because LinkedIn's UX focus on marketing first not user . It uses many phirshing and spamming tricks to buy premium account. As result don't be surprised to receive/send many empty invitation or messages from many people. This is due poor design by LinkedIn. You can found many blog entries complaining about this.
- It looks nice, but usability can be painful.
- No ability to block recruiters .
- Do NOT add recruiters ,head hunters and other spammers. They will pollute your account with lots of useless job offer that in 99% is irrelevant to you. They will call and send email you and call to you anyway. Add only these who were very helpful in the past.
Hi Dominik,I hope all is well.I have a permanent London based role for a leading finance company. They are looking for a Java Developer to work on a range of greenfield projects. If you interested , let me know and I'll send through further details. Regards
.. on my e-mail as text and as LinkedIn message.