It based on my personal experience only and resources that I read on internet.
It will contains many grammar mistakes.
Please drink double espresso and energy drink as article is long and boring.
- Introduction (what you are apply for, where you found info about job )
- Who you are and what skills you have
- Link your skills with experience and match this requirements written in job specification
- Explain why above skills are good for company (mention good news about company found in news or etc.)
- Thank you paragraph (where you said thank you for time spent on read another boring Cover Letter
and the other useful rules ,that I found are :
- Cover letter should be an extension to your bullet points in CV targeted directly to company that you are apply for.
- They are very similar rules to CV .(Marketing yourself, GRAMMAR , Formatting and Linking skills with achievements)
- Write template of your cover letter (As 3 parts of cover letters are almost always the same. Main different in part about why you choose company and what you know about company. It will saves you plenty of time !
- Do not copy and paste cover letters as it is a chance that you will copy stuff, which you don't want (like other company name) . If you make this mistake ,then ...GAME OVER. (I have done that twice :( )