It based on my personal experience only and resources that I read on the internet.
It will contain many grammar mistakes.
Please drink double espresso and energy drink as an article is long and boring.
- Introduction (what you are applying for, where you found info about job )
- Who you are and what skills you have
- Link your skills with experience and match this requirement written in job specification
- Explain why above skills are good for company (mention good news about company found in news or etc.)
- Thank you paragraph (where you said thank you for time spent on reading another boring Cover Letter
and the other useful rules, that I found are:
- The cover letter should be an extension to your bullet points in CV targeted directly to the company that you are applying for.
- They are very similar rules to CV.(Marketing yourself, GRAMMAR, Formatting and Linking skills with achievements)
- Write template of your cover letter (As 3 parts of cover letters are almost always the same. Main different in part about why you choose the company and what you know about a company. It will save you plenty of time!
- Do not copy and paste cover letters as it is a chance that you will copy stuff, which you don't want (like other company names). If you make this mistake, then ...GAME OVER. (I have done that twice :( )