"WireMock is a flexible library for stubbing and mocking web services. Unlike general purpose mocking tools it works by creating an actual HTTP server that your code under test can connect to as it would a real web service. It supports HTTP response stubbing, request verification, proxy/intercept, record/playback of stubs and fault injection, and can be used from within a unit test or deployed into a test environment." Source: http://wiremock.org
"Over the last decade or so I’ve been a developer, app support lead, scrum master and architect. I’m a strong advocate of agile, DevOps and Continuous Delivery practices, and am usually focussed on improving team performance and building operable, sustainable systems." Source: http://www.tomakehurst.com/about/
- What is WireMock and why it can be useful . My favourite functionality were record/playback feature , that can come handy in many tests, it can proxy network so it allows you test application against various cock-ups caused by network issues (failures and faults). It is useful in stubbing and verification.
- WireMock is useful tool for test application behaviour when network causes problem.
- Another proof why Builder pattern is extremely useful for create flexible data for test. It seems almost mandatory pattern when you write tests. For example you can Generate test data via builders on setup.
- Data Randomness is useful as it helps detected edge and unexpected cases.
- Documentation for WireMock is an amazing . It is nice balance of quick information of what feature does and code example .
- Sham- test data generation library
- Fastly.com is a Fastly's real-time CDN (A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver webpages and other Web content to a user based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and a content delivery server. Source: www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/CDN.html )
Example from presentation can be found here: https://github.com/tomakehurst/wiremock-presentation-examples