22 November 2013

Goodbye Winamp!

Winamp.com announced something sad.
"Winamp.com and associated web services will no longer be available past December 20, 2013. Additionally, Winamp Media players will no longer be available for download. Please download the latest version before that date. See release notes for latest improvements to this last release.Thanks for supporting the Winamp community for over 15 years."

Legendary 2.x series .
..  One of must have application for Windows. It was a few issues ,but it was very stable and works smoothly.A legend!

Epic fail 3.x series .
..  It was a ugly monster. Example of  how to destroy all reputation in one update. It was so unusable,that most of my friend stays on 2.x ,but  I decided to find alternative and I start using Foobar2000.

Then 5.x series .
.. but i was already fan of Foobar2000 and was no reason for me to back.
I actually still use Foobar2000.

However.I haven't abandoned Winamp completely .
In 2011 It turns out,that they have very good application for Android. OK, On beginning, it was  annoying and buggy (as my applications for android),but after few updates it change into very good music player application for Android,which I like to use.

Shame,but  all living legends must die.
It happens to technologies like cassettes and it happens to software ... like Winamp.

I will miss this sentence:
"Winamp, it really whips the llama's ass!"

Goodbye Winamp and Thank you.

Yesterday, I read about what's like to fail. Question for today is.. how's feel people who spent life on project that is about to end?
Like people,who works on Winamp for 15 years ..
I really would like to know..to read they story ...

No comments:

Post a Comment