Quick Table of content.
- My observations
- Release notes from Android Studio 0.3.0
- Release note from IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP 132.556 and 132.637
- Source links
It includes my observations about changes also.
If you are interesting in plain release notes ,open links from Source link (bottom of entry).
Keep in mind,that this blog entry is usually update few times (when i made more observations).
- Updating IDE (It went smoothly)
- Install IDE from fresh (It went smoothly)
- Creating new project (I had a few problem)
- Import project (I had tiny problem)
Install IDE from starch went smoothly too.
They improve 2 things
They add lots of useful Improvements for Quick Documentation and they improve running process is improved as you can now automatically show logcat window on run and they fix bug with "Clear log before launch" checkbox as it didn't works in past,so my last 2 problems which I had with running process are fixed.
As I do not use Gradle in my project as my projects are very simple,but from what I heard and I experienced so far .Using Gradle with Android Studio is still big Pain in the ass.
In this version .I had a problem with import project using gradle plug-in as I saw error: "Cannot create directory path.to.myideaproject.idea" but .. apparently ,it is known issue
"Importing a project using the Android Gradle plug-in 0.6.1 and Gradle 1.6 or 1.7 will show the error: "Cannot create directory <path>.idea". The real cause of the project import failure is that this version of the Android Gradle plug-in only supports Gradle 1.8 or later." Source: https://sites.google.com/a/android.com/tools/knownissuesCreating a new project went with various problems with Gradle, but I constantly see this error,when I create projects.
Gradle: A problem occurred configuring project ':DomsLearnchineseRadicals'.
> Failed to notify project evaluation listener.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':DomsLearnchineseRadicals:_DebugCompile'.
> Could not find any version that matches com.android.support:appcompat-v7:+.
That's all problems i spotted,but stay tuned for more updates about changes.
Android Studio works great until you start Grandle.
- Gradle Builds
- Much faster gradle project import: Importing one of our apps went down from two and a half minutes to fourteen seconds. This speedup also applies to syncing your existing project with Gradle, reopening existing projects, etc. Furthermore, we now only run the build target to generate sources, not a full compilation.
- The improved performance is made possible by changes in Gradle 1.8 and Android Gradle plugin version 0.6.+, which are now the minimum supported versions.
If you open an already imported project that uses the Gradle wrapper pointing to an old version of Gradle you will be able to automatically fix the wrapper properties and re-import the project.
- The Gradle 0.6.3 plugin is now also available (or soon available; it is staging on maven central, so should be available in the next few hours), which improves resource merging handling (better error handling, more accurate error locations, source element references no longer merged into the R class documentation, etc).
- NOTE: Earlier today we published plugin 0.6.2 with incorrect dependencies. Make sure you're using 0.6.3 (or 0.6.1). To be sure, you can explicitly specify "0.6.3" instead of "0.6.+" in your build.gradle files, or run gradlew on the command line with --refresh-dependencies to ensure that Gradle looks up the most recent available version.
- Template Support
- Revised new blank activity template with support for action bars on older versions of Android (via the appcompat library), and new navigation styles
- Layout Rendering
- Support for xliff strings. It will now insert id (or if available example) attributes into the layout editor preview strings.
- As usual, many bug fixes.
- From b.android.com: 60801, 60823, 59444, 60848, 57904, 60266, 60893, 60879, 60820, 61050, 61113, 60894
- Other bugs and crashes not tracked in the issue tracker
4) Release note from IntelliJ IDEA EAP ( Android,Java and Gradle related changes only)
5. Source links :