I do not take any responsibility or liability for any error, omission , inaccuracy or destructions!
BASED ON GAME EXAMPLE:
Depends on your experience...
- If you know Java,then learning will be a fun and quick process.
- If you learn any modern OO programing,then it should be a quite easy and fun task too.
- If you have absolutely no idea about programing, then you need a spend some time and learn some basics about it. I suggest learn
All Basics of Java ( Oracle's tutorial is enough) + learn Design patterns(Head first book is great).This gave you good start and valuable experience .It is not essencial, but it will reward you in future!
In terms of design pattern, most software developer's fanatics will force you to read a book Gang of Four (more about it,here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_Patterns),but Head First book will be enough for start.
- I believe that usablity is very important part of application and I believe read book Steven Krug - "Don’t Make Me Think" will be helpful (despite that's it about web usability ,but combine with Design Pattern described by Google (http://developer.android.com/design/patterns/index.html ) give you a better
If your learning style by read documentation, then starts from here
official android site (official documentation is really good)
If you like read book,this book is very simple to understand and has useful stuff and written by Ed Burnette - Hello, Android: Introducing Google's Mobile Development Platform (Pragmatic Programmers). [I am not sure, is it best one, but this book is good enough to learn all what you need for android development.
If you learning by example,then:
Good news is that Android SDK contains lots of examples:
Standard path in windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\samples\
Bad news is that examples can be bit confusing to learn.
but ... they are tons examples and solutions about all aspect android developments:
- Lots of great examples can be found on this awesome blogs: http://android-er.blogspot.co.uk/ , http://www.vogella.com/android.html , http://www.mkyong.com/tutorials/android-tutorial/
- Best place to find solution to any problem can be found on http://stackoverflow.com/
- One of the best forum for advance issues is http://forum.xda-developers.com/
- This blog contains some examples and even more contains links to good examples. just select a 'android' tag from right menu
In my opinion is an Activity life cycle,so make sure that you go through this:
I will try to update this part from time to time.
If you know good example, tutorial or anything that can help other people.Left link in comment.
Go to part 3: Planning