7 August 2018

Lesson learnt:003 - Auto optimise cause Manual fix

Lesson learnt is a series of blogs entries where I  write down a short description of the bug/mistake, the fix, and the lessons I learned.

DATE: 
07.08.2018


SHIT HAPPEN COUNTER:
4

STORY:
I use IDE to automate boring parts like code format and cleanup imports.
Format code/optimise important works great for Java/ Spring Framework projects
While I was changing the code in projects that use Python, PHP, Symphony. I used to format code/optimise import feature during commit that removes imports that were required and

ISSUE:

  • The project was unable to compile
  • One of  the pages didn't work


FIX:
Undo commit
and commit without using automatically format code/optimise import feature.

Additional notes:
This project does not have UI tests since I discover a problem during manual testing on dev environment.


WHAT I LEARNT:
DO NOT USE Format code/optimise import in non-Java projects and double check what was published on git before request pair review

No comments:

Post a Comment