20 March 2017

Coolpointer.009 : About Blizzard




I recently read and watch few things about Blizzard and their games.  Two of them; talk  "How Blizzard stayed laser-focused on quality games for 25 years" by Dean Takahashi and GDC talk "Diablo: A Classic Game Postmortem" by David Brevik  are worth to read and watch, if you are interesting in history of Blizzard, a company that develop many great games like Diablo and Starcraft (that I played) and many more that I didn't play but I admire their quality. What was outstanding about this company that quality of their game was awesome , their interaction with community is worth copy it  . 
    I am passive fan of Blizzard .I like watch their games like Starcraft and Hearthstone but I am not playing these games because I get too addictive from games.

My favourite part was not strictly Blizzard related, when David Brevik talks about his worst business decision ever. Watch this : Worst business decision by David Brevik .This is most funny part ( you must hear how he told this story)

"He came with idea: "I am going to make e-mail over internet. I offer you 10% of my company for one room that you are not using anyway."
David responded: "Dude, that dumbest idea I ever heard! (...) e-mail on internet? It doesn't have any sense. I already have e-mail on the internet. Yeah. that company was Hotmail. 14 months later was sold for 400 millions dollars that 10% could be mine,""


HOW BLIZZARD STAYED LASER-FOCUSED ON QUALITY GAMES FOR 25 YEARS by DEAN TAKAHASHI

DIABLO: A CLASSIC GAME POSTMORTEM by David Brevik


No comments:

Post a Comment