8 August 2011

Solving problem with Access is denied during dowloading via Android SDK and AVD Manager

Android SDK and AVD Manager is pain in the ass.Nothing want work straightforward , but of my problems appear because i am tired and i should sleep now rather than force this Android stuff to work  and another reason is that Android SDK work poorly on slow internet.Is more sensitive than moody girl.

Anyway....
If you see    (Access is denied) during attempt to download something.......

 Downloading SDK Platform Android 2.2, API 8, revision 3
File not found: C:\PROGRA~2\Android\android-sdk\temp\android-2.2_r03-linux.zip (Access is denied)

...it means
 1)You need run AndroidSDK application as administrator, to do that you need "run as administrator" button from the context menu. (btw.   You may be user  who has administrator acount but that doesn't mean that your run specific program as administrator!)  .

2)another program used path   C:\PROGRA~2\Android\  (In my case was Windows Explorer  ) , only Android should use this path when trying download something.


9 comments:

  1. I get this error, what can I do to fix it? Please help. Email me at luke.hobnob@googlemail.com if you can thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot add important step :).
    which is ...
    "You need run AndroidSDK application as administrator, to do that you need 'run as administrator' button from the context menu. (btw. You may be user who has administrator account but that doesn't mean that your run specific program as administrator!) "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya Dominik, my problem was also due to I didn't run SDK Manager as Administrator.

      Delete
  3. Holy crap It works :D I love you lol. Cheers such a simple fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no offence,but i love my wife only,but i am happy that solution helps you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was only messing. Also I have ran into other problems you might know, when I created a virtual device it all went fine, then when I went to start it it brings up the starting device screen and says this:

    invalid command-line parameter: Files.
    Hint: use '@foo' to launch a virtual device named 'foo'.
    please use -help for more information


    if you can help then thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. solution for this problem was in my previous post :
    http://pastorcmentarny.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-fix-problem-with-nvalid-command.html

    :)
    btw. you will have no more problem after that with install all stuff..
    however later will be even more buggy as far as i use android sdk and eclipse as more bug and more often i detect ;)

    ReplyDelete